Saturday, May 26, 2007

Preschool Graduation!



If you don't see the picture here, click on the red x and you will be connected to the you tube link for this video!

On Friday the Penguin class had their "graduation" for pre-kindergartner's. Although G will be attending pre-K again next year (can you believe you can go to kindergarten at 4 in CA?) they had a great Hawaiian party! The kids could not have been any cuter and if I'm successful in uploading this video you'll see what I mean. These are the days when you just melt when you see your little guy independent and growing up so fast. *Sniff* The only slightly embarrassing moment came when G helped himself to the blue jello and marshmallow concoction, gave himself 4 scoops after his teacher said one, proceeded to lick the spoon and put it back in the bowl. All I could think was how many times had he done that at school on a normal day?

Today we booked our airline tickets!! My husband I'm sure is thrilled b/c now I'm not screaming at the Singapore Airline website like a lunatic. Literally the fares were changing every 1/2 hour. I was beside myself trying to book tickets yesterday and getting timed out only to have the fare rise by $800 in the 2 minutes I'd been online. Let me just say that this whole process is not for the faint of heart.

This morning I woke up to do battle online again and was pleased to find that it allowed me to book tickets, seats and meals. Whew! I do have to say that I'm pleased with what Singapore Airlines has to offer for special circumstances. Since G is allergic to dairy and eggs I was a bit worried about 29 hours of traveling and him having limited food. I called the airline and they booked him dairy free child meals on all legs of our flight! In the descriptions they gave me there wasn't anything eggy. The also went ahead and allowed me to book a bassinet for Prim on the way home AND meals for her even though she is not even a ticketed passenger (it was recommended that we just pay for her while in Bangkok b/c it's much cheaper). The offer jar baby food, toddler food and child meals. I think that's pretty great! Right now I'm just thankful we won't be flying on an American airline. It just seems that the Asian ones are so much nicer and accommodating. Plus they only charge you a portion of your fare for children instead of the US chains only giving $25 off the normal fare.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

Aloha

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails