Thursday, May 10, 2007

No News

I woke up at 6am with butterflies in my stomach. Actually, it had to be more like circus monkeys but I'll stick to the old saying for kicks. I couldn't get back to sleep and luckily H was trying to wake up for the day so we chatted and made our plan for the day in case of *news*. His orders were not to call me at all today. No texting. Nada. If I saw his number I would assume that Marissa must have called his cell and not the house and my heart would jump out of my chest. I couldn't take that multiple times today (we are text tag junkies, especially when our favorite shows are on. Example-"Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactiga" (the office) or "Yataaaaaaay" (heroes) . Seriously, we need a life.
I told him I would text if we got a call. Around 11:30 I was in such a tizzy that I called Marissa myself. I promised I wouldn't because I imagined she was making happy calls to other families and I didn't want to take her time away from that. However, sanity trumps courtesy and I dialed with gusto. Marissa was so nice and gracious and told me that they usually don't hear until Fridays or even Mondays. Oh geese. At least I was out of my misery for one more day. She seems confident that if we weren't presented at yesterdays meeting than it will be two weeks from now.
On a positive note, my blog pal Hannah got her great news yesterday and will be traveling to Bangkok for the June 13 meeting. Yeah Hannah!!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Thanks! I'm thinking of you guys and hoping for good news soon. I was just where you are a week ago!

Related Posts with Thumbnails