Friday, March 12, 2010

Musings...


I love the wind because it shatters my vanity with a single gust. Today it's windy and the breeze feels so good on my face but I hate pulling sticky strands of hair from my glossed lips. I twist and turn in a last ditch attempt to salvage my pinned up hair but it's already too late. I look like I've been in a convertible with the top down in the middle of a tornado.

The wind carries the ocean to our doorstep and the smell of fish and saltwater make me think of frothy white foam that tops sea swells. I close my eyes, take a deep breath of fresh air and feel the wind skirt between my fingers and over my outstretched arms. I can almost imagine that I am flying until the shriek of my little one pulls me back to earth and we begin our walk to the bus stop.

I love the wind because it is how I see the Holy Spirit. In Hebrew, the word behind spirit (ruach) means air in motion, breath and life. I think of the life God breathed into Adam, the new life created in me through Christ and I love the gentle reminder the wind is to me that, although God can not be seen with our eyes, He is tangible in the force He creates. Just like the wind.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails