Friday, February 19, 2010

Retreating


This weekend I am attending our church's Women's Retreat and man, am I way overdue. (Is it wrong if I click my heels on the way out the door tomorrow morning?) For anyone who has never participated in an this kind of event I beg of you to make the time. There is nothing more renewing of your spirit than worshiping, learning and praising God in the company of other women who are there for the very same reasons: to grow, to reconnect, to rest.

The beginning of Psalm 139 says:

O Lord, you have searched me and known me. 2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from far away. 3You search out my path and my lying down,
and are acquainted with all my ways. 4Even before a word is on my tongue,
O Lord, you know it completely. 5You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.

It is amazing how much He knows me and I long to know Him the same way. I am so thankful that He remains connected to me even in my moments of pulling away and can not wait to meet Him in worship this weekend. More of You and less of me......

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails