Sunday, April 08, 2007

Christ is Risen Indeed!


I love Easter! Not for the bunnies, egg hunts or chocolate (ok, maybe a little for the chocolate) but for the miracle that is Christ and his death and Resurrection. There is nothing more humbling or sobering for me than to reflect on the time that our Lord and Savior spent on the cross. It's not only the fact that he was crucified, dead and buried. That He rose after three days and was witnessed by over 500 people-disciples and peasants alike. I am in awe of His suffering. Not only was he beaten and tortured, nailed to a cross and pierced in his side, a crown of thorns placed on his head. He was heckled and defiled in name. He was mocked and cursed. There was joy in his death from those whom feared Him and thought Him impotent in the face of His own death. I can not imagine the pain, the fear, the indignation that He suffered. And for what?

For us! For sinful, prideful us! It's a miracle that God loved us so much that He sent His one and only Son. That He died for our sins, that His blood will cover us and carry us into Eternity with Him and the Father.

I can't say enough about this day and what it means to me. I don't think there are words to describe it. All I can say is that He knows my heart. He knows every wish, every burden, every sorrow and happiness. My prayer today is that I will work harder at thinking of every day as Easter. That I will remind myself of the precious gift of eternal life that was given to all of us through Jesus. That I became a new creation in Him, forever.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails