Monday, August 30, 2010

Come Join Me!

So writing is my thing. I love it and it's taken a long time to get to a place where I feel like I'm "good enough" to do it professionally.  Freelancing, especially online, has been such an amazing opportunity to expand my horizons and write about what is near and dear to my heart. 

Right now I have the pleasure and honor of writing for Faith Deployed and will be a regular contributor to the new online magazine Wives in Bloom (debuting September 1 and is a part of Christian Military Wives). This is new for me and will take time away from this blog but God is prodding me to do more outside of my safety net, which is all of you who love me and my yammering!  So if you only see a post or two a week here, know that I'm working hard on new endeavors but still want to advocate and write about adoption and our family.

A while back I did a marriage series on this blog and it is being posted at Faith Deployed. You can check it out here and part 2 will follow shortly!
If you are a military spouse or have a loved one serving in the armed forces than both of these online sites are not only encouraging but supportive!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah, for you April. I guess we're BOTH getting to do what we love these days. I'm so happy for you.

Did Grace start kindergarten?

April said...

Hi Wendy!!
Grace will not start Kindergarten until next fall. She JUST misses the cut off b/c of her bday but I probably wouldn't have sent her anyway. I think next year she'll be 100% ready and just shy of 6 yo :)

mary katharine said...

Good Morning April! I enjoyed, no appreciated your Faith Deployed posts. It is such a strange "battle" to balance life with your husband gone and home again. Oh, how I wish you could come over for a cup or two of coffee:)!!! So much to say, but for now, big HOOAH to you for your articles ... for your testimony.

To God be the Glory.

April said...

Mary Katherine,
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. It is a blessing to be able to share what God has done in my heart and I have learned so much about putting aside pride-it is so easy to become blinded by our circumstances!!
Thank you again for you comment and maybe one day we'll get that cup of coffee-the military is a very, very small family!
God bless, April

Related Posts with Thumbnails