Monday, March 05, 2007

did I mention I'm 30?

so this saturday crept up quickly and before I could scream "STOP!!" I hit the big 3-0. Goodbye 20's (notice my lower lip trembling).....It's not that I mind, it's just the realization that I seem to have crossed an invisible line that only leads to *gulp* 40. My hubby laughs and is thrilled that we are now "in our 30's together". I promptly remind him that he is still 5 1/2 years older than me and way closer to 40 and laugh right back.
Very good friends of ours came from San Diego Friday and we had a wonderful weekend. Unfortunately Saturday morning came with sad news for our friends. They received a phone call in the middle of breakfast that a very good friend and colleague had been killed in Iraq. He was only weeks away from coming home and the reality of this news was overwhelming for everyone. It's humbling to see grown men cry and my heart broke for their loss as they tried to put a smile on their face because it was my birthday. I am hoping that they find comfort knowing that God was with him during his final moments and lovingly carried him into heaven.
We spent the day in downtown Monterey, did some wine tasting and window shopping and later I was met by almost forty friends at a surprise party my hubby had been scheming with Meredith. I was actually completely surprised (hard to do, especially since H is a horrible liar)!! It was fun and so good to see everyone and very flattering to have so many people there to send me best wishes on my birthday. Thanks everyone!!!
The only bad part of the weekend was that G was sick-again! Double ear infection and a fever that won't stop for Motrin or Tylenol. We got antibiotics on Friday but he is still running a low grade fever and it's Monday. I know he was miserable but even my sweet little boy tried his best to give me smiles and kisses this weekend. He loves birthdays and kept asking me when I was going to open presents-obviously the important part of birthdays for a four year old. I'm going to keep him from school today and hopefully by Wednesday he'll be well enough to return. Darn those preschool germs!!

2 comments:

TracyMcGal said...

Hi,
I found your page from the Thailand Adoption message board. I love it so I am trying to model mine after yours. Would you mind telling me how you added your pictures? I feel like I am hitting my head against the wall. Thanks again,
Tracy

April said...

Tracy,
i ran into the same thing and just about lost it before i figured it out!! when you are writing your post or editing it, you should see a little picture box. click on it, browse for your pic, upload and walla!! i hope this helps! April

Related Posts with Thumbnails