Monday, September 10, 2007

What Do You Do When...

...your almost five year old pees his pants three times in one week. G has never had accidents once he was fully potty trained. In fact, he's been potty trained since he was 2 1/2 almost 3 so it's hard to remember him in diapers. He doesn't seem very remorseful and not very embarrassed. I honestly think it's for attention and that both makes me mad and very sad altogether. Now is the time when I feel like I should rattle off my laundry list of complaints for the past month and how difficult things have been at times as we are adjusting. But then I remember how tonight I was able to spend almost an hour with G at bedtime reading him stories from the new Beatrix Potter book my in-laws sent and how I told him funny stories about when he was in my tummy. He laughed and laughed when I told him how he would get the hiccups almost every single day, sometimes two or three times a day, or how he was a good sleeper even before we met. His eyes became as big as saucers when I told him that I used to ask him (while he was in my belly) to give me one kick for this (cake) or two kicks for that (ice cream) or how I knew exactly where his bum was right before he was born and would rub that spot and sing him songs.
And then he told me, "Mommy, I'm so happy that we are a family" and I realize that there is nothing at all to complain about. The regressing will stop in time, the nights will get better and eventually their friendship will not be one sided.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails